Sunday, 1 December 2013

Our New Home

I was worried about living in a hotel mostly because I was worried about the kids waking each other up in the middle of the night or the kids being a nuisance to our neighbours, but as it turns out, I was worrying for no reason.  Our stay in this hotel, which we call home for now, has been absolutely amazing!

We are staying at the Grande Centre Point, Ratchadamri.


The hotel is very well located.  We are super close to the Skytrain, which is one of the mode of transportation we have been using to get around.  We are also a five minutes walk to some great shopping and to a couple of good grocery stores, as well to an outdoor market.  Most importantly, we are just around the block from spooky alley.  I'm sure you are all getting very curious about what this spooky alley is all about.  Don't get your hopes up for something grand, but for us it was one of the places that really stood out when we first got here.  Stay tuned for a full blog post about it.  We are also a 15 minutes taxi ride from Michael's work and Lumphini park which is right across from his work.  I will blog about the park another day.

Anyway, we have a fairly large space in our suite: a kitchen, dining area, living area, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, three tvs and plenty of closet and storage space.  My mom and I have been very impressed with the quality of the kitchen gadgets.  I've stayed at many hotels, and I have to say that this one stands out, which is great considering we will be here for four months.  One of the cool gadgets is this digital hot pot.
Via Central

It works like a kettle in that it boils water, but it also keeps the water boiled to different temperatures.  It has come in handy for bottle warming and morning and afternoon coffee and tea.  Wouldn't mind one for the house!  The suite is very clean.  What stands out to me is that most of the floors are either hard wood or tiles so they are cleaner than the typical carpet in hotels which is great.  This is great because Adriano is crawling everywhere and I can't stop him from doing so.

Our living room/office
Adriano watching the washing machine


Cristiano decorating our Christmas tree


Although the space is small, I realized that we really don't need much more.  I'm enjoying not having to go up and down stairs all day long with the kids.  I'm also enjoying the cozy feeling.  Thankfully, the air condition and fans create great white noise and the rooms are well insulated, the kids can barely hear each other from one room to the other.

Each room had a crib for the kids.  The cribs were Thai size however, so they didn't work for Adriano who kept getting stuck in the rails.  I love this picture!!!


We had to borrow a playpen from one of Michael's colleagues and he is much happier now. Cristiano on the hand oddly enough is liking the compact size.

We are also enjoying the hotel as a whole.  The pool is wonderful and so are the playroom and play structure.  The pool keeps us busy in the morning (there is no sun at the pool in the afternoon) and the playroom and play structure keep us busy in the afternoon.  We are very lucky to have these just an elevator ride away.




The staff is also wonderful.  If you didn't know, Thai people LOVE LOVE LOVE children.  It sometimes takes some getting used to.  In Canada we are taught to fear strangers and to worry about any stranger approaching our children.  Here however, you have to get used to having everyone want to talk to and touch your children.  Everyone we go in the hotel and outside people say "baby, so cute".

All in all, we are very happy and comfortable here.  I'm not sure how I will feel after a month or so.  Maybe the novelty will wear off, but for now we are enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment