Last week while shopping at Villa Market, a market around the corner that carries both local and imported products, I distracted Cristiano by stopping to say hello to another little girl in a stroller. I didn't know her mother spoke English so I explained with hand gestures and a little bit of English that we just wanted to say hello. She replied in English and it turns out she just moved to Bangkok from Chicago. Her girls funny enough are almost exactly the same age as Adriano and Cristiano. I asked her what she does to keep her girls busy and she said they were bored! Right away I offered that we should exchange contact information to set up a play date.
Today we met at our hotel in the play room. They are staying in another hotel down the street. The older kids enjoyed the company so we are going to meet up again tomorrow! This is very exciting for Cristiano who is really missing being around other children. Adriano is fun, but not fun enough I guess. He is only good for jumping on or over!! lol. Anytime Cristiano sees kids he said "lou layed", meaning "the kids". Today he didn't leave the poor girl alone. At first she didn't warm up to him but with the waive she gave him at the end, I'm hoping it means they will be friends.
Love reading about your experience with your sweet family in Bangkok! So nice that you've made friends and that the boys now have playmates! :)
ReplyDelete