Monday, 30 December 2013

A Sad Day, Stephanie is Leaving

Today was my cousin Stephanie's last day with us.  It's very sad to think that in just a few hours she will leave us and tomorrow morning Cristiano is going to wake up asking me "wainiyeh Stephanie?", which is "where is Stephanie?"  It also means that I will have no one with me at the pool to swim with Cristiano in the freezing water...Steph, please don't go!!!  I'm going to freeze without you...

In all seriousness it was so great having Stephanie here and we are going to really miss her.   I tried convincing her parents to let her stay and skip a semester of school, but that didn't work...oh well!   It was nice to have company during the day and the boys always had someone taking care of them.  Usually when I am alone and one cries while I am taking care of the other, I leave the one crying.  I can't be in two places at once, but with Stephanie she would right away take care of the one crying for me.  Plus Cristiano had a swim buddy and someone to tease.  He really loved teasing and bugging Stephanie, however, the last few days he knew she was leaving and all of a sudden he was hugging her randomly and kissing her and he even said to her tonight, "bye habibi Stephanie".  It's funny because he did the same with my mom while she was here and before she left.

Also having her here forced us to do activities and see the city.  Because we are "living" here I find we get lazy about touring.  It's like living in Ottawa and never seeing Parliament. With Stephanie, we saw so much, so I will have many posts the next few days to share what we did.

The good thing is that my uncle Samir and my aunt Sonia and their friends are coming on the 5th of January for 5 days to see Bangkok.  I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces again and I'm sure Cristiano will love that too!  I'm so happy they will be staying in our hotel.  The really sad part will be when they leave because as of now we don't have anyone scheduled to visit us for the rest of our stay.  My parents and brother may come, but nothing is confirmed.

Stephanie we will miss you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment