We have very little time left here. How fast it passed! I have realized that there are a few things we did and places we visited that I have not shared with you so this week I will try my best to post about them all.
One of the most important placed to visit in Bangkok is Chatuchak market. It claims to be the world's largest weekend market and covers about 27 acres. The market has over 15,000 booths selling anything you can imagine: house wares, clothing, pets, original paintings, knock-offs, antiques, jewellery, etc. It is pretty amazing and it is one of my favourite places in Bangkok. It is definitely very difficult to go through with children (there isn't much room for a stroller in some areas and so most times we went without one and we carried the boys) and because it is outdoors during the day, it gets REALLY hot. That being said, it is so fun to see what is available and there is lots of bargaining to be done.
Given that it is very hectic with the kids I haven't taken as many pictures as I should have to show how big and varied this place is.
 |
Meet the coconut man - he yells out "coconut" while cutting the coconut for you. Cristiano has mastered the yelling as you can see from the clip below.
|
 |
| Entering one of the alleys |
 |
| Meet the Paella man - he stands by that big pot cooking starting at 9 a.m. until closing. He is also a "friend" of Cristiano's that we must see each time we go. We have yet to try his delicious looking Paella. |
Before our arrival, Michael had visited the market and fell in love with these Buddha paintings. They have Buddhist scriptures all over their body. On one of our visits we bought two paintings! This first one and another one that I don't have a picture of. Not sure where in the house they will go - I keep telling Michael we need to build a zen like home that will suit the paintings - white walls, fountain, etc... I will see if I can convince him.
 |
| Michael, Adriano and the painter |
 |
| Cristiano attentively watching him as he is packaging them up for us. |
If you are interested, click
here for a link to more pictures of Chatuchak market from the Chatuchak website.
No comments:
Post a Comment