This is the question many of you have been probably asking yourselves. Most people that come to Thailand rave about the food. It has been said some of the best food is here and that you can eat at very cheap prices. What I can tell you for sure is that food is literately everywhere in Bangkok. From morning until night there are street vendors selling grilled meats, fried chicken, soups, noodle dishes (including pad thai), freshly cut fruits, fried bananas, corn, coffee, etc. The odours are sometimes overwhelming. In addition, there are restaurants of just about any kind anywhere you turn. You really don't run out of options.
We have had Thai, Italian, Lebanese (yup!), Mexican, Chinese, American and there is so much more that we have not tried. I have one confession, however, we really have not had much street food. When I told a close friend of mine, she was shocked. It's the thing here, eat street food for cheap! From my personal perspective I can't say that the street food has been very appealing to me. It's not like I pass by the stands and think, yum that smells good. I mean that happens sometimes but not often. So that's one reason I haven't tried much of it. The other main reason is that with the kids we are always in a rush and it's difficult to look around to see what appeals to us. The other reasons include, not knowing what to eat, being scared of what really is in the food, and not knowing what to feed Cristiano at those places.
All in all I can say we have been eating well. We eat in most mornings (except on weekends), I cook for the kids and I at lunch and for dinner most of the time we go out.
 |
| Digging in to his pizza - one of many he has enjoyed here |
 |
| Very yummy Mexican food |
 |
| Fried chicken from the street but eaten at home |
 |
| Yummy freshly cut and pitted fruit - we can't pass by one of these vendors without buying Cristiano some watermelon |
 |
| Loving his pasta... |
 |
| Fried chicken please! |
 |
| One of my favourite Thai dishes - I'm usually great with anything in coconut milk |
 |
| Yummy Phuket noodles |
 |
| This is our favourite Chinese restaurant - can you read the sign? I will try to take a picture one day of what we eat there |
 |
| Delicious chestnuts |
 |
| Very good Thai food on one of our date nights |
 |
| Cristiano can eat 6 or more of these yummy pork satay skewers. He just loves them. Thanks tante Sonia for introducing them to him. |
 |
| We have had McDonald's a few times - they serve fried chicken legs here as a kids meal option. |
 |
| Amazing pasta al alio e oglio with prawns. I started eating them before thinking of taking a picture. |
 |
| These are the best Thai noodles we have EVER had...and...they are street food - only $2.25 a bowl. |
 |
| Surprisingly Cristiano wasn't a fan and preferred the zaatar sandwich I made for him. |
 |
| Michael says he dreams of these noodles. I get why, they are the perfect combination of flavours. We will miss these for sure. |
 |
| Had to share these moments at one of our favourite restaurants. |
 |
| They were both cracking up. |
 |
| It took me a while to try it and now I can't get enough - yummy papaya salad. This one is made with fried papaya. |
 |
| Another pizza moment - the best one we have tasted yet here |
 |
| He loves pizza too. Just like daddy and big brother. |
 |
| Poor guy - he was excited to eat his chicken and rice off the street but the rice was spicy and the chicken was under cooked. |
 |
| But Michael and I enjoyed our pad Thai. |
 |
| It was so good but we had a fire in our mouth at the end because it was so spicy. |
 |
| Cristiano feeding Adriano his baby cookies |
No comments:
Post a Comment