Easter was not the same without family and family traditions but this year we started our own little traditions and made the best out of it. The boys and I did a few crafts to decorate and we had a lot of fun doing so. We also found a beautiful church just a couple of blocs away and attended services on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday.
| The church sort of looks like a Buddhist temple |
| At both services it was filled inside and outside |
| Taken on the grounds of our building |
| After Palm Sunday service |
On Palm Sunday, Mike and I made the Easter cookies his mom bakes every year (Kaak they are called). It took quite some work on the dough and many Facetime calls to his parents but it finally worked out and the cookies were delicious. They are not as delicious as my mother in-law's but we were happy they gave us a taste of home and family traditions.
| A late night of hard work - now I can appreciate the hard work that goes into making these |
| Great team work by Mike and I - success! |
The boys and I attempted to colour eggs but that proved to be a bit of a challenge. The eggs kept cracking. Most cracked in the pot while boiling and then many more cracked while we were colouring them - not because they were being dropped but probably because they didn't do well with boiling or hot water. I thought I was doing something wrong but I heard from others that the same happened to them. We ended up with just enough eggs to enjoy some egg cracking battles among us on Easter morning.
The crafts (egg holders, garland and paper to cushion the eggs and chocolate) allowed us to prepare a nice little Easter corner. We also purchased the the cookie plate and the wooden log from one of our favourite market.
On Easter morning we also did a little egg hunt for the kids and discovered that the Kinder eggs here are not as we know them in Canada. There is no chocolate egg inside and there is no plastic egg with a toy. Here is what it looks like instead:
| It has two parts |
| The toy part |
| The chocolate part |
| It comes with a spoon for you to dig in |
| And this is how you dig in - yummy but maybe not as yummy as the Kinder eggs we know |
![]() |
| Mike was napping so he didn't make the collage |
| And on Easter Sunday he showed me again his new skills of pulling himself up! |



No comments:
Post a Comment