It's been a while since I posted. Mom left, Michael got two teeth, the kids started skating lessons, we celebrated Easter, Cristiano got accepted to his school and March has passed...where did the time go!?
As you all know my days are spent with the kids (starting at 6 a.m.) and since they often refuse to nap, I don't have much time to myself during the day. My nights have been spent cleaning up, cooking for the next day and on occasion watching Gossip Girls (still in Season 1). Mike also traveled and had evening meetings quite a bit this passed month so I had more on my plate. I did sneak in a great massage one night and I hope to do so again this week.
Although we miss my mom and it was difficult to adjust without her, I think we have done quite well in the last month. We have a nice routine and I am truly loving my days with my three little monsters. My days are filled with so much excitement and laughter because of them. Although on the odd days, I just want Mike to come home to rescue me from the craziness, on most days we just want him to come home to share with him how much fun we had. We learn French, do crafts, take trips to the park or other play places, go for walks, dance and try our best not to fight over toys. The kids are enjoying each other's company - Michael always wants to be in on the action, Adriano wants to be just like Cristiano and Cristiano enjoys being the responsible older brother and my helper. It will be a huge shock on all when they start preschool at the end of April but I hope we will adjust quickly. I know they are both looking forward to making new friends and I'm looking forward to leaving the house a little more.
The days after mom left were super hot. We spent a lot of time outdoors.
 |
| Cleaning their house |
 |
| His don't take a picture of me face |
 |
| This stroller has been through a lot of travel - they gave it a great wash and it dried really well in the scorching sun. |
 |
It didn't take long before the paint brush painting turned into hand painting - by the end of it their bodies were covered but so were my hands and this is why I have no pictures of their body art.
|
Michael now climbs onto and has reached the point of lifting himself up and standing while holding on. The problem is that sometimes he loses balance and falls back on his head on the tile floor. He is very hard to keep up with so I have to rethink their play room. The kids have been very good at keeping an eye on him, acting as his cushion if he falls and making sure there are no small toy pieces in reachable places.
 |
| The beginning of his two teeth |
 |
| His favourite spot. He pulls the drawers and falls back. Now I have blocked it off and laid padding on the floor. |
 |
| Sometimes he pushes the drawers out and finds a way through. |
 |
| Paddling back to cause more trouble. |
I spend a lot of time putting and taking off costumes. I can't believe these two costumes are ones C wore when he was just under 1 and just under 2.
 |
| One of our many selfies |
 |
| Even Michael gets a costume |
We finally got to enjoy the pool in our building. The weather warmed up and so did the water. Cristiano is now swimming without floaties most of the time and Adriano is swimming with one. I love their determination to improve their swimming. Michael loves the water as well. He gets upset if I don't bring him in when I am in with the boys.
 |
| I laugh every time I look at their eyes when wearing these goggles. They love them. |
 |
| One of the many "spectacles" they do for us |
I feel very comfortable taking the kids out during the day. I have my backpack on, Michael in the carrier and a tiny hand in each hand. The boys are troopers and cooperate really well on our little journeys. We even now go out for lunch on our way back home sometimes and I can manage all three in the restaurants. If we are tired on our way back, the boys make sure we hail a Tuk Tuk Taxi. Cristiano is a pro now at making them stop for us. LOL
 |
| At 1600+ Panda exposition at Central Embassy mall near us (fantastic mall and very cool exposition of paper mache pandas) |
 |
| Adriano and his Superman bear |
 |
| Such posers. I asked them why they grabbed the Star Wars toys, they replied just for the picture! |
 |
| Cristiano with his Batman bear |
 |
| Our second trip to Imaginia play land - 4 hours of tons of fun |
 |
| Our restaurant selfie |
So that's what we have been up to. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment