Our first entrance in our new home is now somewhat of a blur. All I remember is having to open door after door after door. First the door to the apartment, then behind the door to my left was the living room/office/sun room. Behind the door to my right was the dining room and another door that led to the kitchen as well as a long hallway that took us to the four bedrooms. I also remember that on the dining room table Mike's colleagues left us some food and treats for the kids. We were all starving (probably from exhaustion) so the first thing we did after bathing the kids was have a little bite to eat before going to sleep.
These pictures were taken randomly but they give you an idea of our home. As you can tell we are not settled in yet. Things are a little everywhere. Plus since the pictures were taken we moved some furniture around so that we can eventually turn the sun room into a play room and so that the furniture is placed in a way that gives us more space.
 |
| From the office to the living room |
 |
| The sun room soon to be play room |
 |
| The living room (the furniture looks slightly different today) |
 |
| The office to the dining room |
The two highlights of the home, we discovered when we woke up. We saw our amazing balcony and gazebo and the real surprise was Mike and I's walk in closet, well it is more like a room that has a huge section for me a huge section for him, a powder room and another area I will use for items we don't use often. Apparently, the ladies at the Embassy were all waiting to hear about my reaction to this amazing "walk-in" closet. To sum up how I am feeling about this amazing room, I would say "I am not sure how I will go back to the tiny space people in Canada call a "walk-in" closet". I have not been able to fully enjoy this space yet because all our hangers are arriving my sea or by air but I can't wait until that time to get organized. Each of the other rooms also has an organized closet. This is definitely a must in every home.
 |
| My side |
 |
| The hallway to my side |
 |
| Mike's side and hallway to the powder room and to the bathroom |
 |
| The gazebo |
Adriano walks around our home until this day and randomly tells me that he loves our new home. Although the home is on one floor, he calls the rooms area "upstairs" and the rest of the home "downstairs". He is so funny! Another remark from the boys is "mommy, where are you, I can't find you in this home". There is a lot of square footage in this home but it also has many rooms so it is definitely easy to lose someone, especially a little someone. I really hope the boys will not be playing much hide and go seek, otherwise, I am afraid I will never find them.
All in all we love our new place and I am happy to be spending three years here. I am not sure how we will go back to two floors in Canada.
Amazing!!! I'm telling you, after seeing the houses in Scottsdale Arizona, bungalows are the way to go! Upstairs/downstairs..stairs in general are overrated! Lol
ReplyDeleteIf you can find a nice layout bungalow, get it instead of your typical 2 story! :)
Amazing!!! I'm telling you, after seeing the houses in Scottsdale Arizona, bungalows are the way to go! Upstairs/downstairs..stairs in general are overrated! Lol
ReplyDeleteIf you can find a nice layout bungalow, get it instead of your typical 2 story! :)