Thursday, 5 January 2017

End of term events

Everything gets really busy at the end of the year.  I remember how crazy busy it got in Canada. It was busy here but only crazy busy in the last week of school.   We didn't have the Christmas parties and visits to attend as we do in Canada but school kept us busy the last week, and so did planning for our Christmas eve party, for Christmas and for our trip to Japan.

On Monday A had a day off so it meant entertaining him.

On Tuesday, C's school hosted a sports day for the kids in his year.  Mike, Michael and I attended.  It was fun to see him play with his friends, but it wasn't much of a sports day.  They had activity stations for the kids and everyone got a medal at the end!   I guess a little competition is not yet suitable for their age....  The kids had fun, but I felt the older ones got a little bored after a while.

Waiting patiently with his class

At the balloon stand

Someone had the most fun at this station

Brought me back to my childhood

Having snacks with his classmates and teaching them Arabic.  They all know how to say "yalla yalla" now, even his Israeli friend Ronnie "Pony" as he calls her.

I think this race was the funnest part
Proud of his medal
On Wednesday I had a break as there were no school activities and it gave me time to shop for gifts and Christmas decorations and items for crafts in preparation for my time off with the kids.  It's always nice to get a break and find the things you need in just one hour!

On Thursday, A had a carnival at his school.  Usually, the school hosts a Christmas concert but this year because of the King's passing they decided to cancel the singing and dancing and instead host activities in the playground for the kids.  Sounds reasonable....but we got there and they had a small rollercoaster type ride set up in the playground and Christmas music was blasting through the outdoor speakers.  It wasn't the quiet event the parents were expecting.  I think as time passed after the King's passing the school realized it was alright to have something fun for the kids even if it was loud.   Adriano had a good time and again it was nice to see him interact with his friends at school and with the teachers.  They all love him very much.

He nailed the ring toss game

M taking advantage of the waiting area

Getting his present from Santa.  When he realized it was the teacher dressed up as Santa he had no problem going up to get his gift


Mommy can I open it?!

He received a nice book and also got a lot of prizes from the carnival activities.

One more school event to go!

On Friday, C had a Holiday assembly.  I had no idea what it was all about but they said the kids could wear seasonal appropriate accessories.  I found out that this meant Santa hats, etc.   The assembly consisted of saying goodbye to students leaving at the half way point, and the students singing Christmas songs.  Not sure why they didn't call it a Christmas concert and why the seasonable appropriate accessories were not just Christmas accessories....

Wearing their seasonal appropriate accessories

With uncle Michael (too many Michael's in our group!)

The assembly

Anxiously waiting to pick up C from school


It was an exhausting week but a truly fun one!




No comments:

Post a Comment