Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Happy Birthday

We arrived to Bangkok, dealt with the jet lag for about a week and immediately dove into party planning mode.  We had Mike's birthday on the 12th to think about and Michael's on the 15th.  Just like for Adriano's birthday party, it was birthday planning mode for a much smaller group than we were used to in Canada but we still had some details to worry about and being in a different city finding things took longer.

Mom and I had fun developing the party ideas and she somehow became our caterer as she ended up cooking the entire meal and baking the cake and cookies.  I just coordinated the idea so I guess I was the party planner.  All in all, everything turned out beautiful and most importantly Michael, the kids, Mike and our guests had a wonderful time.

We were so happy with how the cake table turned out - on the right are yummy local fruits called Mangosteen

Mom's cake was delicious - naked cakes are so nice looking yet so easy to prepare

We had no star cookie cutter so Cristiano offered his from his Ikea cookie cutter set in his kitchen...so cute!

I love recycling and reusing - loot boxes and crown made from toilet paper rolls; log bowl turned upside down to create a stand
 
Mike using our BBQ for the third time- so happy to have it up and running and BBQ'ing often now

The kids were so happy to host people.  They definitely miss family and friends back in Canada

Parita is our neighbour and Adriano's school mate, but her and her parents are moving a few streets away :-(

He is so good to his baby brother


The grapes on the table were purchased as a gift for Michael as he loves grapes, but only grapes in Thailand for some reason!

They melt my heart
 
I love how they get excited about my party themes and couldn't wait to wear the party hats we made

One of the only photo of him we were able to catch him smiling, although he was smiling the entire time




Habibi!!

Yummy cookie
Happy birthday little one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment