Sunday, 4 May 2014

Hangover Part II

Back in December we toured by the water in Bangkok and fell upon the State Tower where we found the Lebua Skybar.  Certain scenes from the Hangover II were filmed at this skybar so it was very cool to be there in person.  Unfortunately they don't allow you to go outside to see the view until 6 p.m. so we only saw inside and peaked at the outside.

When my parents were with us, we had the opportunity to go out on a couple of date nights and on the top of our list of places to visit and see was Lebua.

The sky bar located on the 63rd floor is said to be the world's highest open air sky bar.  The view was absolutely spectacular. Walking down the stairs from the terrace to the lounge, we felt like we were walking on a cloud. It was high and windy and the angle gave us a feeling of really being in the sky.  I was definitely wearing the wrong heels...I had to go down the stairs holding Michael's arm and walking down on an angle. The height and illusion made me lose my balance I guess.  It was so windy that a young girl's skirt flew up so high flashing everyone around her.  We all, including her, couldn't stop laughing.

Here are a few pictures.  Keep in mind, the pictures don't do justice to how nice of an experience this was.

Wonderful view of the city

From the top of the very steep stairs







Before I "blitz" you with the following 20 pictures of Michael and I in practically the same position, I need to explain.  We asked one of the staff members to take a picture of us, well...he did, and did and did.  He kept moving the phone to different angles and saying: "ok, 1, 2, 3, one more; ok 1, 2, 3, ok, 1, 2, 3, one more". It was so funny, we couldn't stop giggling by the end of it.























And that was our photo shoot! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment